a home base for work and homework…
a hideout for mail and bills…
a fortress for your finances…
with plenty of room for everything.
- Maximize the wall space with shelved cabinets that display books, binders and photo albums.
- Make way for technology. Will you use a desktop monitor or a laptop? How will you connect to power and the web?
- Consider everyone and every way to use the space: homework, bill-paying, online shopping, work brought home. This may affect your choice of seating, work surface height and storage.
- Make an office at home anywhere by choosing styles and finishes that complement your decor.
- Don’t discount display: the photos and artwork that inspire you… and the reminder tools (tack board, marker board) that keep you on-task.
- Warehouse your waste basket, recycle box and paper shredder within easy reach.
- Augment any natural light with task lighting for your primary work area.