Ideas for a Clutter Free Gardening Zone
Do you have a family member with a green thumb? Do you find yourself digging though different areas just to find your gardening gloves or trowels? Carve out a space in the garage that is thoughtfully laid out and organized. Assess the space in your garage – can a wall be delegated for your tools and supplies? Is there room for a worktable or is there limited floor space? Here are some great options offered by our company for finding the perfect storage solutions for your gardening supplies.
- Super-strong double hooks on the easy-to-clean slot wall can hold the heaviest tools and hoses. The slot wall keeps tools off the work surface yet still within reach.
- A combination of base and wall-mounted cabinets, with solid maple or laminate work surfaces, offer plenty of room for working and cleaning up.
- Baskets/bins of different sizes can be positioned anywhere to hold just about anything, from tools to seed packets.
- Hooks come in various sizes and are perfect for hanging everything from rakes, shovels and trowels.
- Because gardening involves dirt, a convenient paper towel holder can be installed for handy clean up.
- Since garage floors aren’t always perfectly level, garage cabinets feature adjustable steel legs. Optional metal extrusions protect cabinet edges and add structural strength.
- Roomy storage cabinets have adjustable shelves so you can customize it to your particular needs.
- Tall cabinets come deep enough to accommodate bulky items like potting soil and larger pots.
- Drawers are constructed with sturdy boxes on quality glides with optional locks.
Thoughtful Ideas for Storage
Reduce, reuse or recycle. Yes, you can hang on to (almost) every pot you own, if you use them efficiently. Keep a few different sizes available for re- potting plants. Instead of tossing the extras, use them to store gardening tools/items on your shelves. Paint them with chalkboard paint so you can easily label them. Line the pots with plastic baggies to keep dirt out of your cabinets or work space. Consider allocating space for a small refrigerator for storing water bottles, sport beverages, and seeds. Organized space + peaceful environment = One Happy Gardener!
Need help planning and installing your space? Call Hoosier Closets at 317-440-6964 for a complementary consultation.