Nowadays, the laundry room has become a multi-purpose room for many families. Here are a few ideas to help you organize your Laundry Room:
- Mudroom – families need a “drop zone” for backpacks, shoes, coats, sports equipment and musical instruments. Give each child their own “cubby” and avoid items being misplaced (well, most of the time)
- Don’t have space for a mudroom but you have a closet in the laundry? Take off the doors and create shelves, bench seating with storage and hooks on the wall to keep everything organized.
- Dog washing station/pet kennel – we love our fur babies, and they need personal attention too. Customize a corner with a pet washing set up, and clean up afterwards is easy too with the washer and dryer nearby.
- Pet kennel – this is a perfect place to create a space for your pet, especially if they are fearful of storms or fireworks. They can go into their spacious kennel and the lull of the dryer will drown out the scary sounds.
- Overflow kitchen storage. Love to shop at Sam’s or Costco’s? Where else would you have room for 16 rolls of paper towels, or 48 bottles of water? Tall cabinets provide storage for these items and more.
- Clean up, clean up! Vacuums are an important part of cleaning, but they can be bulky and hard to store in a hall closet; another reason for a large cabinet in your laundry. And, it’s a great place to store all those cleaning supplies.
- Empty wall space? Not anymore! Decorative hooks are an excellent option for towels, coats, backpacks, or even dry cleaning.
Now that you have some ideas, give us a call so we can help you get organized!