a nook where you nurture your creative side…
a cache for your collections…
your holiday workshop…
with plenty of room to step back and admire your work.
- If more than one person will work in the craftroom at a time, consider a work surface approachable from at least two sides.
- Integrate power access to operate a sewing machine, glue gun or other electricity-using tool.
- A fold-out wing expands the work surface and disappears when not in use.
- Chairs and stools that tuck out of the way make it easier to move around the space.
- Fill shelves with folded fabric, how-to books, albums—or add a basket to gather loose materials.
- Use rods and racks to round up rolls of ribbon, fabric and wrapping paper.
- Establish a hierarchy for materials and tools. Which are needed most often? Which would display attractively? Place items used most frequently in areas easiest to reach.