- Is the company reputable?
Check resources like Angie’s List and Thumbtack to find out what others are saying about the company.
- Is the company locally owned?
Small local businesses are invested in their community and are more likely to strive to earn and keep your trust.
- Does the product come with a warranty?
Find out where the company buys their products and who backs the warranty.
- Who will be installing the finished product?
Find out if the company uses sub-contractors or if the designer will also be the installer.
- Does the company utilize software to draw your custom closets?
Seeing the design in 3D and being able to quickly make changes can really help you visualize the end product.
- Does the system offer flexibility?
A custom closet will fit your needs right now. Make sure the system can be easily adjusted for your future needs and for the needs of a new homeowner should you sell your home.
- Does the company offer various color choices and styles?
You will want to have the opportunity to match other cabinetry and trim in your home.
- Does the company offer various hardware choices and accessories?
The small touches are often the ones that make the system truly usable and custom to your individual needs.
- Is the product to be installed safe for the environment and your home?
Ask what industry standards and certifications are adhered to.
- Does the company offer organization for other areas of the home?
Once your closets are organized, you might be inspired to continue into the garage, pantry, basement, etc.